Flued Space Heaters
Gas space heaters work by passing cold air over a heat exchanger, which is warmed by gas combustion. The warmed air is then pushed through a vent into the room.
A thermostat is installed inside the heater. This senses the air temperature inside the room and sends a signal to the heater to turn on or off, or turn up or down.
Unlike unflued gas heaters, which increase the level of pollutants in the home, space heaters are flued, so exhaust gases are expelled outside.
With no unhealthy exhaust gases circulating in the air, no hot surfaces inside the home, no messy ashes or fumes and no smelly chimneys, flued space heating is the perfect choice for your heating needs.
Ultra efficient power flued heating
Power flued space heating is one of the most economical forms of heating. Gas space heaters are independently tested to measure their energy efficiency – this is used to determine star ratings. The higher the star rating, the more energy efficient the heater is. The more energy efficient, the more you save on running costs. This is why power flued space heaters have in-built technology to ensure they maximise their energy efficiency.
Unlike unflued gas heaters, which increase the level of pollutants in the home, space heaters are flued, so exhaust gases are expelled outside. With unflued heating, doors or windows should be kept open to expel polluted air, but with flued heaters you can keep doors and windows closed and eliminate cold draughts.
Better indoor air quality - Using the latest burner technology, they’ll give you the cleanest gas heating for your home.
Environmentally friendly -natural gas is one of the most environmentally friendly energy sources!
Better for the environment
The build-up of greenhouse gas emissions is a major concern for us all – which is why natural gas is a responsible choice for home heating needs. By installing a gas space heater, you’ll do more than just save on running costs, you’ll contribute towards a healthier planet. A natural gas space heater has the lowest carbon emissions of all other forms of space heating, according to “Choosing a heating system”. Source: S.E.A.V.2004 Annual Heating Cost Comparison
Service & Maintenance
Of course, to get the best from your flued space heater, it is necessary to have regular servicing. Simply book an appointment with us at your convenience and we’ll come to you!
Our Gas Space Heater Service will include:
- On time arrival at your property, with a courtesy call in the event of a delay
- Overall operational assessment of your heater
- The removal and cleaning of all filters
- The removal of all internal dust build up from the fan and internal working of unit
- Inspection of gas injectors for correct size
- Testing, adjustment and correction of operation gas pressure
- To clean the bits you cant reach with the cover fitted
- To replace and test heater for correct working operation
- Unbiased advice on repair and/or replacement of the appliance
All gas appliances and specifically flueless heaters within your house should be periodically inspected in order:
- to prevent reduced efficiency which can add $$ to your gas bill
- to ensure no escape of dangerous gasses, such as carbon monoxide, are present
- to reduce any potential fire risk or operational hazard
- to maintain the appliance for safe use as designed
It’s recommended all gas appliances are inspected and serviced every two years, especially those inside your home. All appliances over 10 years old should be serviced every year!